Over the years I've used leaf gobos for plenty of things. But here was the first time I had ever taken the time in nature to see the real thing. I realized, leaves are never that sharp! When using leaf gobos I rarely would run them all the way sharp. But here was the real deal in front of me! Later that night I went out side and looked at that same wall, now lit by a halogen flood light, the wall seemed so flat and uninteresting. Those leaves, though out of focus I feel really brought a sense of depth and interest to a normally flat, boring surface.
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Imperfect gobos
While sitting on the patio of my resident hall I watched as the sun set behind Shadowfax and projected its final direct beams of light through a tree, against a wall I was sitting across from. The setting light seems warm and almost ambery (Something like a R-305), but the thing that shocked me most how the leaves didnt look like the gobo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nice thoughts - look harder - you will find hard and soft edges gobos in nature - it always frustrated me that we cannot get the subtle movement or the variance we often see in nature without it being distracting
ReplyDelete