Sunday, October 4, 2009
Week 1-Shuttle Clouds
Friday evening, just past six o'clock, I looked out of the window of the shuttle as I triumphantly sat down. The clouds were spectacular; they were well defined with blue, pink and gold, and seemed to tower above the world from the horizon upward. Their striking beauty seemed to highlight my success at catching the bus. I watched the clouds change and rise, get deeper and more bold, and begin the transition into night. Sometimes it looked like a thick oil painting, and other times they seemed to be cut out of paper. It washed the entire ride home with a peaceful, sweet serenity that carried onto my street curb where I continued to watch. I was filled with contentment, and it even made me feel positive about the future. It was surreal, to say the least. It made me realize that even in real life, we have moments that don't seem to be real. In theatre, these moments can be captured with surrealism and still lend truthfully to the scene in that they happen in reality. The clouds seemed almost too beautiful and grand to be in the sky, and yet they were there. Unfortunately, I don't own a digital camera yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nice images. I saw that sunset as well and it was amazing!
ReplyDelete