Sunday, October 25, 2009

WEEK 4 - Deceiving Colors







Drawing on the Color Theory Lecture, I am posting these two photos of the apartment building across the street from me. Even though my nighttime view is different from looking through the camera lens, there still exists quite a variation in color of the walls – depending on what color light is reflecting off them. Along with th concept of our eyes being fooled by the color of material and of light, or deducting which is the color of the material versus light, an interesting claim came to mind: that our mind fills in the blanks. For example, I cannot see the wall behind the file cabinet, and yet it my mind is neither disturbed nor curious, because it “fills in the blank.” I am interested in studying this matter further, for it must, even subconsciously, add or subtract from the audiences’ suspension of disbelief.



1 comment:

  1. Nice thoughts - we will do an architectural blog later in the quarter that I believe you will like

    ReplyDelete